HaloDEX™ Risk Disclosure Statement
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH TRADING AND OWNING DIGITAL ASSETS.
As used in this Disclosure Statement, “HaloDEX™” refers to the Decentralized Exchange Service (the “Service”) offered by the company HXE Corp. (the “Company”). “Digital Asset” refers to cryptocurrencies, tokens or other virtual currencies that exist as data entries in a blockchain-based software ledger.
transactions only if you understand the nature of the trading decisions you take and the extent of your exposure to risk. You should carefully consider whether trading is appropriate for you in light of your experience, objectives, financial resources, and other relevant circumstances. Risks include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Market Risk : The market for Digital Assets is still new and uncertain. Trading Digital Assets is often susceptible to irrational (and rational) bubbles, loss of confidence, news releases, and various perceptions of buyers and sellers, all of which could collapse demand relative to supply.Factors that affect price include unexpected changes imposed by software developers or others, negative news, rumors, celebrity and/or perceived thought leader endorsements, regulatory regime shifts and signals, the creation of superior alternative currencies, a systemic deflationary or inflationary cycle, or other similar events. The price and liquidity of Digital Assets have been subject to large fluctuations in the past and may be subject to large fluctuations in the future.
- Political Risk : Legislative and regulatory changes or actions at the state, federal, or international level may adversely affect the use, transfer, exchange, and value of Digital Assets. In your jurisdiction, the Platform may not be regulated as a financial institution and deposits into your Digital Asset Account and your Fiat Account may not be considered deposits under the applicable laws, rules, or regulations in your jurisdiction. As a general matter, Digital Assets are not recognized as legal tender and are not backed or insured by the government.
- Technical Risk : Transactions in Digital Assets may be irreversible, and, accordingly, losses due to fraudulent or accidental transactions may not be recoverable. The nature of Digital Assets may lead to an increased risk of fraud or cyber attack and may mean that technological difficulties experienced by the Platform may prevent the access to or use of your Digital Assets.
- Trading Risk : In addition to liquidity risks, values in any Digital Asset marketplace are volatile and can shift quickly. Participants in any Digital Assets market should pay close attention to their position and holdings, and how they may be impacted by sudden and adverse shifts in trading and other market activities.
- Risks Associated with Financing Activities : When you finance a purchase or sale of Digital Assets on a peer-to-peer basis, you run the risk of losing your provided financing. Similarly, when you accept financing to enter a trading agreement, you accept the risk of not being able to repay that financing (e.g., if the market price of your financed Digital Asset falls). Participants should know all of the terms of any contracts they enter and how their trading strategies and
other market and risk factors can affect their financing obligations.
- Internet Transmission Risk : You acknowledge that there are risks associated with utilizing an Internet-based trading system including, but not limited to, the failure of hardware, software, and Internet connections. You acknowledge that HXE Corp. shall not be responsible for any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions or delays you may experience when trading via the Services, regardless of the cause or duration.
- Margin and Advanced Tools Risk : Engaging in trades may be risky, especially if you engage in any margin trades or use any other advanced trading tools. If the market moves against your position, we may ask you to provide a substantial amount of additional margin funds, on short notice, in order to maintain your position. If you do not provide the required funds within the time we require, your position may be liquidated at a loss, and you will be liable for any resulting deficit in your Exchange Account. Placing contingent orders, such as “stop-loss” or “stop-limit” orders, will not necessarily limit your losses to the intended amounts, since market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. It is up to the user of the Platform to determine their risk tolerance if they use margin and advanced tools for trading.
You agree and understand that you are solely responsible for determining the nature, potential value, suitability, and appropriateness of these risks for yourself, and that HXE Corp. or its affiliates do not give advice or recommendations regarding Digital Assets, including the suitability and appropriateness of, and investment strategies for, Digital Assets.
Our platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites and applications of our partner networks, sponsors and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and applications
have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites and applications.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this disclosure policy should be addressed to
Last modified: July 2018